Monday, January 9, 2012

Freight Train!

So, "fright" train might be a better title for this entry, as it seems this girl was just afraid, or unsure of how to get this project off the ground. Sometimes when things are so overwhelming it's impossible to even know where to start. But I decided I was just going to have to bite the bullet and get moving, baby steps you might call it, but here are some of the things I've been working on in the past week.


Master Bedroom...

I finally broke down and asked for new bedding for Christmas. Since I refuse to post how horrible my "before" bedding was, I will simply post the "after." I am very happy with how it turned out and how it looks with the color I picked out for the walls. And if you look really close, yes, that is a picture on the wall, the first thing I hung up in our new home. It was gift from my maid of honor on our wedding day and it has followed us ever since our first home. So naturally it just made sense that it should be the first thing to go up. And let me tell you, it felt really good getting out the hammer and punching that first nail.



1/2 bath...


I always knew the color scheme I wanted in the half bath, so in order to make it official I purchased a couple of little decorative pieces that I am hoping will inspire the rest of the choices I make for this room.





Kitchen....


I've been waiting for my bar stools to go on sale and it just so happens that Target had them for $5 off, so I bought those over the weekend. With a little help from the hubster I was able to get them assembled, 2 of the 3, and we finally have functional bar seating. Of course the third one was broke, wouldn't want to get something actually completely done :) I'll post pics once I get the third one together and in place.


Kid's Bath...

I found a really cute shower curtain that I fell in love with at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's owl themed and pretty gender neutral. I can't go too far one way or the other or I get an ear full about how "it's too girly" or "i don't want a boy bathroom."



So this seemed to be one that I could get away with and so far I haven't heard a word from either of them. I bought the bath rug and towels at Target and now just have some work to do on finding some cute wall art. Again, baby steps...

Front Entry...


I was over at my parents house getting some of our leftover things and found this shoved in the back of one of the closets.





It is so cute and I cannot wait to hang it in my front entry. But for now it sits on the floor waiting for my husband to find the time to put it up. In the meantime it has been a great addition to the playroom as my children have turned it into their "bus that they take to school." Gotta love the imagination!


So for now the "fright" train has left the station and I am at least off and running!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how just getting started leads to progress! Good work - it's looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kids shower curtain. I wish I would have thought of that. Everything looks great!! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete