Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oh The Places We Will Go...

First I should get everyone up to speed on why I chose to create this blog. My husband and I have moved more in the last three years then most people do in their lifetime. When our oldest son Crew turned two, we sold our first home and MOVED in with my parents while we looked for a new home closer to family. After two months we MOVED out of my parents home into a cute, quaint house in a small neighborhood where we had our second child, a baby girl named Keira. Then, before Keira was even six months old the good lord decided to suprise us with the news that we were pregnant again, YIKES!!! With number three on the way, our cute little house was all of the sudden shrinking by the minute so we decided to sell. While I was in labor, literally between wanting to rip someone's hair out labor with our third child, I got a call that we had an offer on our home. On the day we brought our baby boy Cade home from the hospital we accepted the offer, signed paperwork, and it was a done deal. So 30 days later we MOVED again. With literally no time to even think about jumping into another home we decided to take the rental approach so that we could have some time to think about our next step. We had purchased property about 5+ years back in hopes to someday be able to build, and it was weighing heavy on both our hearts that this might finally be the right time to see if we could make our dream location a reality, and finally put a house on it. With lots of work and of course another MOVE, back in with my parents during the build, we finally have a place to call home. After six months of construction we were able to MOVE into our new home the week before Christmas 2011. It was completely chaotic and beyond crazy trying to move with three kids during the holidays, but with great friends and family helping and supporting us along the way, we were able to get the job done and get settled in. Now here we are, two weeks post move and I am in this new home that is completely empty and without personality. In an effort to make myself get busy with decorating I am creating this blog so that I have a way of holding myself accountable to get going on new projects and decorating risks that I've never attempted before. Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, and just so everybody knows, I'm going to need a ton of help and lots of suggestions/feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun!! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete